Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough to Wear Pink
2019 Cattlemen’s Days TETWP Events were a great success thanks to our amazing community!
Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough To Wear Pink (TETWP) is dedicated to providing comprehensive support to our community in the fight against breast cancer.
Making a difference in a spirited community
This is one incredible community and what the Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough To Wear Pink organization is achieving is truly a glimpse into the passion and love that defines Gunnison County.
Everyone at Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough To Wear Pink wants to extend our deepest gratitude for your support of our campaign. Thanks to this support, TETWP is proud to be making a difference! One of our most important goals is to make our hospital one of the best cancer hospitals in the U.S. This vision is getting closer to being a reality as TETWP continues to work with Gunnison Valley Health to provide the highest level of excellence in physicians, equipment and services.
Two of the top three health care needs identified by the community in the 2016 assessment were access to physicians and cancer care services. TETWP is proud that the work we are doing is bringing better cancer care services and excellent physicians to the Gunnison Valley for all cancer patients. Many of our programs are also serving not just breast cancer patients but are open to helping anyone with cancer in our community. And the best part is that every dollar we raise stays local to support these programs!
Breast cancer is the largest percentage of cancers diagnosed in this community and TETWP is helping to make sure these patients are taken care of so that they can focus on getting well and not be burdened with the stress of navigating the health system on their own. Financial assistance, transportation and overall wellness of all local cancer patients are among our highest priorities — and your contributions and volunteer support are making an immediate difference to our family, friends and neighbors in the Gunnison Valley.
We have so much to celebrate but there is still a lot to be done, so please continue to support TETWP and we promise we will continue to reach bigger goals to help this community. For more information and to check out what we are doing keep checking our website gunnisontetwp.com and follow us on our social media pages – Facebook & Instagram.
With gratitude and love to all of you,
Heidi Sherratt Bogart
Executive Director – Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough to Wear Pink
We are a 501(C)(3) organization.
2019 Annual Report (PDF, 3.8 MB)
Say hello to our Patient Transportation Vehicles, Bucky and Tuffy!
Read more about how Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough to Wear Pink is helping patients reach their appointments safely and comfortably with our patient transportation vehicles, Bucky and Tuffy. Driver volunteers needed! Please see the information at the bottom of this page if you would like to volunteer to drive Tuffy or Bucky. Thank you to Sky High Offroad for keeping Bucky and Tuffy in tip-top shape from their tires to oil changes.
How We Have Helped the Gunnison Valley
According to a 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment, cancer care is one of the highest priority needs identified by our community. To address this need, Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough to Wear Pink has helped in the following ways:
- Total fundraising to date since 2005 is $3,185,000.
- 2019 fundraising campaigns to date have raised $517,000.
- 2019 $160,000 purchase of a Breast Stereotactic Biopsy Device.
- 2017 $370,000.00 purchase of a Hologic 3D Tomosynthesis Mammography Machine.
- Proven to detect 20%-65% more invasive breast cancers compared to 2D alone, an average increase of 41%.
- Proven to reduce callbacks by up to 40% compared to 2D alone.
- FDA approved as superior for women with dense breasts compared to 2D alone.
- $406,000 funded in mammograms, ultrasounds and biopsies since 2006.
- Over $900,000 has been used since 2006 to purchase equipment (3D Tomosynthesis, ultrasound, digital mammography, stereotactic biopsy, PINK robes and warmers) to expand breast cancer services at the hospital as part of a comprehensive strategic plan with Gunnison Valley Hospital to make this the best small town breast cancer facility in the US.
- 2017 – Oncology Nurse Navigator hired to help all cancer patients in the Gunnison Valley to navigate the complexities of treatments, medications, insurance, transportation, and provide support and assistance throughout all stages of the cancer continuum. Tough Enough To Wear Pink covers 30% of the salary for this position.
- “Tuffy” the Transportation Ram Truck purchased in 2016 and “Bucky” the Dodge Durango purchased in 2018 help all cancer patients get to their out of town medical appointments safely and comfortably. They have traveled over 50,000 miles across the state.
- $96,000 granted since 2015 through the Friends of Pink program to help individuals in the Gunnison Valley who were impacted financially due to a breast cancer diagnosis (lost wages, travel expenses for treatment, etc.).
- $4,000 to fund the honorary Edie Gibson “Make It A Great Day” program which will help Gunnison Valley residents who are diagnosed with breast cancer by providing coupons for them to utilize the therapy services of Integrative Therapies with the WellBeing Connection.
- $2,000 to Casting for Recovery to send two Gunnison County Ladies to the 2018 Fly Fishing Retreat for breast cancer survivors in Redstone, CO.
“Gunnison Valley Health and Tough Enough To Wear Pink have collaborated on a strategic plan to bring the best in breast care services to the Valley. We could not have done this without the support of Tough Enough to Wear Pink. ”
– Rob Santilli, CEO Gunnison Valley Health
“GVH has one of the strongest rural mammography programs in the state of Colorado and the Gunnison community should be proud of this service.”
– Inspector, Colorado Department of Health and Human Services
Stay up to date with the latest Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough to Wear Pink (TETWP) news at our Facebook page.
Thank You, Sponsors!
Thank you to our incredible sponsors. You have made a big difference! Grand Sponsors: Dorothy and Norman Eastwood. Bucky the Cancer Transportation Vehicle Sponsors: Carol Ann May and Jim Saindon. Gold Buckle Sponsors: Elevation Hotel & Spa, Peg & Heidi Foster, Gunnison Valley Health, Hu-Friedy, Ren & Gloria Kern, David & Rhonda McKay, Mountain High Music Festival, Tomichi Materials, and Wrangler. Please click here to see a full list of sponsors.
Listen to the Western Sports Round-up radio interview
Heidi Sherratt was interviewed on Western Sports Round-up. The interview gives an excellent history and information about Cattlemen’s Days and Cattlemen’s Days Tough Enough to Wear Pink.
Bucky & Tuffy Drivers Needed
Would you like to volunteer to drive breast cancer patients to breast cancer clinics or hospitals? Listen to this KBUT interview for more information. Please fill out the contact form below if you would like to volunteer to drive or fill one of our other volunteer positions. We appreciate your kindness!